1lb Plain flour
4 Glenfin duck eggs
3/4 litre milk
340 mls water
4 Ounces butter (Plus extra for greasing)
Melt the 4 ounces of butter on low heat
Beat the duck eggs, milk and water together.
Sift the flour into the mixture and beat to form a smooth batter.
Pour batter into a jug and allow to stand for about 30 minutes.
Melt a little butter on a frying pan, when the pan is hot, give the batter a stir before pouring a thin layer onto the pan.
Fry until golden brown. Turn and fry the other side until brown also. Stack pancakes on a large plate, as they are cooked.
TRADITIONAL FILLING SUGGESTIONS:
- Dust with caster sugar, add a squeeze of lemon juice, roll up pancake and serve.
- Fresh fruit in season and whipped cream.
- Thin spreading of chocolate spread and slices of bananas.
- Stewed apples, flavoured with cinnamon and a dollop of fresh cream.
- Drizzled with maple syrup, golden syrup or honey.
- Diced chicken with a salsa sauce.
- Cottage cheese and diced pineapple.
- Ice cream and fresh berries.